This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

public:gsoc:repository_gsoc2015 [2016/08/02 20:08]
public:gsoc:repository_gsoc2015 [2021/03/14 21:07] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +====== GSOC 2015 Evaluation ======
 +You can find it working at [[]]. Ask me personally for DNS name to connect the tuners.
 +It's working with 5 web server instances and 5 repository server app instances. It's been working for 4 days straight and 2 tuners reconnected 1 time. It's 24.08 now :)
 +I've added 2 deployment guides for Amazon AWS and a guide on how to connect a client application. You call walk them thought to evaluate my project.
 +My plans regarding repository project:
 +  - Amazon AWS:
 +    - Figure out proper scaling policies. Right now scaling groups are static.
 +    - Although the tuners have reconnected only one time in the last 4 days, they shouldn't do it. Debugging this problems requires a lot of time
 +    - As load balancer creates two socket connections: client-LB and LB-instance, getnameinfo() always returns private IP which is useless.
 +  - Web pages:
 +    - Index page redesign. Most tuners doesn't have EPG, so there are a lot of empty space in the table. Probably, it'll be better to display the last CC last instead and update it dynamically.
 +    - PHP scripts refactoring: right now MVC pattern implementation is too general and routing stuff is messy.
 +    - JavaScript at the "view" page is also can be improved. Sometimes two columns overlapping each other when you remove horizontal split, it should be fixed.
 +    - Search should be case-insensitive. Also, it's better to add sorting and to display matches when searching by CC content.
 +    - Write proper docs when I finish web pages.
 +  - Server application:
 +    - Test client is a complete mess, I didn't change it from the last summer. Also I should add it to docs
 +    - Display function trace in error log. Although I'm not sure if it's possible :)
 +    - Log files rearranging. It will be convenient to displace instance IP in logs and to have separate log file for connected/disconnected clients.
 +    - Config files are not exactly in INI format although they have ".ini" extension. So I should change the way I parse them so that it fits INI specification
 +===== Contribution to blog =====
 +I've been working on closed closed captions online repository. It consists of two main parts. The first one is a server application that is used for connecting CCExtractor instances which in their turn extracts closed captions from a video stream. The second part is a web site, that allows you to view captions in real-time i.e. as soon as they appear on TV screen. My task for this and a previous GSoC included everything from defining socket connection protocol to implementing web pages and deploying repository on a cluster.